Kathmandu - Nepal, with transfers to villages if required.
Duration of the assignment
Minimum duration of the programme: three months.
Maximum duration: five months (solar year).
30th September 2009
HELP/Nepal is a Nepalese NGO that for years has been committed in projects of poverty’s reduction, income generation, primary education, street children relief, basic medical control and, broadly speaking, protection to those in need in Nepal. Now with head office in Kathmandu, HELP/Nepal (Human Environmental League for Preservation) was originally founded in 1995 in Banke district, in the south-western part of the country, by volunteers and former volunteers of United Nations in Nepal. We now cooperate with different local and international agencies for development, as well as with many non-governmental local organizations to reach our common goals.
HELP/Nepal works at the frontline, in order to fill the gap between the communities and to reduce poverty.
In addiction to the collaboration with others local NGO, HELP/Nepal manages several own projects. Nowadays, these are focused on education (school building, scholarships grants and help to local community), street children relief (immediate help and subsequent recovery), income generation (through the commercialization in the international market of high quality food products and local manufactures) and assistance to other NGOs in the preparation of projects plans, sponsorships’ requests and more.
Through our International Volunteers programme we aim at creating a powerful network of young qualified people that will cooperate with us in the many activities we carry out, thus growing from a professional and human point of view, thanks to the tasks accomplished on the filed.
Description of duties
Selected candidates will be involved in one or more of the following activities:
- Project formulation and evaluation, also through occasional field-trip visits for assessments and researches.
- Management of international contacts with NGOs, Associations and Italian enterprises, in the framework of the fund raising activities carried out by our NGO.
- Project Management and Impact Assessment
- Participation to our “Hamro Pul” (our bridge) project, aimed at creating in Europe a profitable market for the commercialization of Nepali products of high quality, both as raw materials and as manufacturing technique. They will be certified by our organization as “fair-trade” products, assuring the sustainability of production cycles, respecting the environment and granting workers human and fair conditions.
Successful candidates shall demonstrate the following qualifications and experiences:
- Academic and/or professional preparation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creativity and flexibility
- Good command of the English language
- A previous experience in a developing country is an asset
- Knowledge of International institutions and their procedures, workers’ group, university and enterprises is considered a strong asset
The cost to participate to the programme is € 345,00/month. It is included: transfer from/to Kathmandu airport, professional training during the assignment and comfortable accommodation.
Available services: laundry, TV, kitchen, bathroom, internet.
A part of the contribute goes to our humanitarian projects.
If you are serious and interested in this post please send a covering letter and CV to:
Dr. Cesare Zavalloni, International Programmes Coordinator
Luigi Porcella, Ph.D.